For competition terms and conditions, click here.
- By ticking the box that you have read these terms and conditions you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions which govern the EzyGreen Offers and are set out below.
- Our service partners, offers and all aspects of the EzyGreen promotion may change from time to time without prior notice to you.
- You are not authorised to resell or offer for resale any of the products you receive as a result of your participation in the EzyGreen Offers on this Website.
- In addition to these terms and conditions, you may also be bound by the additional terms and conditions of our service partners and Government Departments that provide rebates. The terms and conditions of our service partners which apply to the offers of our service partners will prevail in respect of the relevant offer to the extent of any inconsistency with these terms and conditions.
- Once you submit your contact information via our Website, this information will be passed onto the relevant service partner associated with the offer you have nominated and our service partners will be in contact with you.
- In addition to the information you provide on our Website, our service partners participating in the EzyGreen Offers may require further information from you. You may need to provide this information in order to qualify for and access the EzyGreen Offers from our service partners.
- At the time of accepting theses terms and conditions the following terms and conditions apply to the offers provided by our service partners (as set out below). We and our service partners may vary the terms and conditions which apply to each of the offers from time to time without your consent.
- All Brisbane City Council residents signing up to EzyGreen will automatically become GreenHeart Homes in line with the Brisbane City Council’s GreenHeart Homes program and will be contacted in the future with energy saving tips and offer benefits.
||Terms and Conditions
- Customers will pay standard electricity rates for 100% of their power and the chosen percentage of their consumption as accredited GreenPower at the current tariff rate for GreenPower (a table of the current costs can be found in the GreenPower sign up form on the EzyGreen website)
- Residents can signup through the EzyGreen web site and must agree to their current EnergyAustralia Terms and Conditions and change to EnergyAustralia as their energy provider in order to take up the offer
- An exit fee may be payable if a household has a current contract with an alternative energy supplier (other than EnergyAustralia)
- Free powerboard offer commences 18 May 2012. Offer is limited to 5,000 units or until stocks last.
- Customers must remain a EnergyAustralia customer for 30 days after the cooling off period to claim the free powerboard.
- The Good Guys and other retail providers
- Retail sustainability vouchers are available to all residents living within the greater Brisbane region that sign up to EzyGreen
- Vouchers are valid to the expiry date printed on the voucher.
- $50 vouchers from The Good Guys are valid when purchasing an energy efficient appliance (rated at 4 stars or above) valued from $400 from The Good Guys in Mt Gravatt, Loganholme, Morayfield, Oxley, Browns Plains, Carseldine, Capalaba, Lutwyche or Ipswich
- These vouchers and any subsequent vouchers are subject to change at any time
- Vouchers may be removed, changed or added to at any time.
- By signing up to EzyGreen, all residents within the Brisbane City Council area boundary agree to joining the Brisbane City Council’s Green Heart Home program and will receive information and updates via email and post on living more sustainably
- From time to time Energy Assist may offer discounts on its solar hot water systems offered through the EzyGreen program
- Additional installation costs may be necessary in certain circumstances and the customer will be advised prior to the sale being finalised
- The cost of the solar hot water system is calculated after Federal Government and State Government rebates and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) have been deducted from the cost of the system
- Residents will be contacted by Energy Assist to discuss the preferred solar option for their home and will be subject to the usual Terms and Conditions for this offer, as specified by Energy Assist
Solar Hot Water Inspection
- Post installation all QLD residents will be required to have their new solar hot water system inspected by a local government inspector, at their own expense
- Residents will be contacted by CSR Bradford to discuss the preferred solar power system for their home and will be subject to the usual Terms and Conditions for this offer, as specified by CSR Bradford
- Additional installation costs may be necessary in certain circumstances and the customer will be advised prior to the sale being finalised
- Finance options are available through CSR Bradford, and minimum purchase amounts may be required to be eligible for finance.For further information regarding finance contact CSR Bradford.
We recommend you carefully review the terms and conditions of the Federal and State Government Rebates at the time of considering the Solar Hot Water Offer. A summary is provided below. Please do not rely on this summary as the complete and accurate terms applying to the rebates
Eligibility for Federal Government Rebate
- The Federal Government solar hot water rebate of $1,000 or $600 rebate for the installation of an eligible heat pump is available to all Australian residents or permanent residents who have not already received assistance to install ceiling insulation through the Home Insulation Program or the Homeowner Insulation Program
- The system must replace an existing electric storage hot water system, be installed and certified by a suitable qualified person and generate 20 RECs or more at the time of purchase
- An owner-occupier, landlord or tenant can apply for the rebate as long as the dwelling where the hot water system is installed is a principal place of residence
- The rebate can be claimed via a Federal Government application form only after the system has been installed and the form must be submitted within two months (62 days) of installation, including a copy of purchase receipts that clearly indicate the resident has installed the solar or heat pump hot water system
- Rebates will be paid within eight weeks of the application being received and will be paid into a personal bank account, as nominated by the resident
Eligibility for State Government Rebate
- The System must replace an existing electric storage hot water system and be installed and certified by a suitable qualified person.
- Eligibility for the State Government solar hot water rebate of $600 for residents (standard rebate) or $1,000 for pensioners and low income earners (concessional rebate) is based on the above same criteria, with the following exceptions:
- The system must have a minimum warranty of five years on tanks and solar collectors, two years on pumps and one year on installation and workmanship
- Only one concessional rebate can be claimed per resident, with multiple standard rebates available on different properties that meet eligibility criteria
- Rebate not available if system was won as a prize
Claiming Federal and State Government Rebates
- To claim either the Federal Government of State Government rebates, the resident needs to provide evidence of either the payment in full for the system or a deferred payment plan
- For the State Government rebate, the resident needs to have paid more than the rebate under the payment structure to receive the full rebate.
Exclusion of liability
- We and our Affiliates disclaim any and all responsibility and liability in respect of our Website and any loss or damage suffered or incurred by a person for any reason including (without limitation):
- using or relying on any of the information provided in or obtained through our Website in relation to the EzyGreen offers.
- a failure of our service partners to contact you in response to your interest in an EzyGreen Offer.
- a failure of our service partner to be able to provide you with the offer described on our Website for any reason.
- any liability, loss or damage associated with the any offers offered by our service partners
- To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with our EzyGreen Offers and the products and services provided by our service providers as described on our Website.
- we exclude every warranty or condition of any kind that might otherwise apply in relation to the EzyGreen Offers, the content on the Website relating to the offers made by our service partners.
- we are not liable, and each of our Affiliates is not liable, for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential liability, loss, damage or expense you incur or suffer that arises out of your access to, use of (or reliance on) our Website or our EzyGreen Offers, any of the content of the Website or your inability to use our Website, qualify or access the EzyGreen Offers. This applies even if we have been informed that the liability, loss, damage or expense will or may result.
- This clause will survive termination or expiration of these terms and conditions and cessation of your use of our Website for any reason.
- To the extent these terms and conditions refer to our limitation of liability in respect of EzyGreen Offers, they prevail over the general terms and conditions of the Website to the extent of the inconsistency.
- In order to take advantage of the EzyGreen Offers promoted through our Website, you will need to provide certain information. When entering information on our Website, you must provide accurate and comprehensive information.
- You must be more than 18 years of age to submit information on our Website. If you are aged less than 18, your parent or guardian must accept full responsibility for the terms, conditions, obligations and warranties set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- This document is governed by the law of Queensland, Australia. By using our Website you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Queensland courts and courts of appeal from them and agree to the exercise of jurisdiction by those courts.
- The Website will be deemed to be solely based in Australia; and
- The Website is a passive site that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over us, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than Australia.
- You may not transfer or assign these Terms and Conditions or any rights or licences granted under these Terms and Conditions.
- We may transfer or assign these Terms and Conditions without restriction or notification.
- You agree that your access to and participation in the EzyGreen Offers will be at your sole risk.
- You continually indemnify us and our Affiliates against any claim or proceeding that is made, threatened or commenced and against any liability, loss, damage or expense (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) any of them incurs or suffers, as a direct or indirect result of any of the following:
- Your participation in the EzyGreen Offers as promoted on this Website.
- A breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- A wilful, unlawful or negligent act or omission by you.
- Your violation of any third party right or law, including (without limitation) any Intellectual Property Rights, defamation or criminal laws.
- A claim that you caused damage to a third party.
- Your use of any information obtained from or through our Website (including without limitation death or any injury received as a result of copying a stunt or manufacturing or assembling anything)
- This clause will survive termination or expiration of these Terms and Conditions and cessation of your use of our Website for any reason.
Variation of Terms and Conditions of Website
- We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions from time to time.
- If a clause or part of a clause can be read in a way that makes it illegal, unenforceable or invalid, but can also be read in a way that makes it legal, enforceable and valid, it must be read in the latter way. If any clause or part of a clause is illegal, unenforceable or invalid, that clause or part is to be treated as removed from this document, but the rest of this document is not affected.
- The fact that we fail to do, or delay in doing, something we are entitled to do under these terms and conditions, does not amount to a waiver of any obligation of, or breach of obligation by you. A waiver by us is only effective if it is expressly given in writing.
- A written waiver by us is only effective in relation to the particular obligation or breach in respect of which it is given. It is not to be taken as an implied waiver of:
- any other obligation or breach.
- that obligation.
- a similar obligation or breach on any other occasion.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, you also accept the terms and conditions which govern the use of this Website.
- You acknowledge that we may receive rewards from our service partners as result of your subscription to the EzyGreen Offers. These rewards may be in the form of success fees or otherwise.
- 'Affiliates' means our officers, employees and other personnel, agents, contractors, partners, principals, licensors, service providers and members.
- 'EzyGreen Offers' means the offers provided by our service partners on our Website.
- 'Intellectual Property Rights' means copyright, trade marks (whether registered or not), patents, patent applications, eligible circuit layouts, moral rights, service marks, trade names, registered designs, unregistered design rights, know how, trade secrets, domain names, internet addresses, rights in confidential information and all and any other intellectual property rights, whether registered or unregistered, and including all applications and rights to apply for any of the same
- 'We', 'Our' and 'Us' means Brisbane Green Heart CitySmart Pty Ltd ACN 099 480 010.
- 'Website' means www.ezygreen.com.au and the network of websites owned by us, whether accessed by the internet, WAP or any other means and the text, registration facilities, hyperlinks and the underlying HTML or XML.
- 'You', 'Your' means the person accessing and using our Website.